- What is a CSA?
- How does CSA work?
- Why choose Main Street Farms CSA?
- How does Main Street Farms CSA support our community?
- What are the health benefits of joining?
- What are the financial benefits of joining?
- What are the environmental benefits of joining?
- What size share is right for me?
- What is the cost of Main Street Farms CSA?
- What are the pick-up locations?
- Can I sign up for the CSA once the season has already begun?
- What do I do when I get an error message when signing up for a new season?
- Can I skip a CSA Delivery?
- Can I change where my pick-up location is?
- What is your Cancellation/Refunds Policy?
- Can I choose what’s in my box each week?
- How do I pick up my share at my community pick-up location?
- What is your late or missed pick-up policy?
- Can I send someone else to pick up my share?
- How do I re-enroll for the winter season after my balance runs out?
- What is the delivery schedule?
- How do I change my share size?
- How will you share CSA Updates?
- Where are you on Social Media?
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. In it’s simplest form, it’s a partnership between farmers and their local community where both parties share the benefits and support of sustainable, local agriculture.
How does CSA work?
CSA farm customers (“members” or “shareholders”) commit to buy a farm’s harvest by purchasing a farm “share.” Over the growing season, CSA members receive a weekly bag or selection of the farm’s harvest.
Why choose Main Street Farms CSA?
Main Street Farms offers many benefits to our CSA members including convenient pick-up locations, an office delivery option, different size options, weekly newsletters that show each week’s veggies with helpful tips and recipes, and a personal connection directly from our farmers to the community.
How does Main Street Farms CSA support our community?
We believe in educating children about how and why they should eat their veggies. Over the years we have reached thousands of children with our educational programs that we provide free of charge. By joining our farm you help us keep the programs running, and helping kids to eat their veggies.
What are the health benefits of joining?
The vegetables in your weekly share are so fresh that they have a higher concentration of vitamins and minerals than what you would be buying in a grocery store. Most vegetables at the grocery store can be a week old by the time you get them. As vegetables sit on a produce shelf they are degrading and losing nutrients.
What are the financial benefits of joining?
Joining the CSA saves you money over the course of the season. Overall, based on various comparison studies we’ve seen and analyses of our own share prices, you can expect your share to cost about 1/4 less than if you bought comparable organic vegetables from a grocery store. And by buying local all of your dollars stay in our community!
What are the environmental benefits of joining?
By supporting a local farm, you are saving carbon by lowering your food miles and not supporting big industrial agriculture. We do not use any chemical pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizer, and we cover crop our fields to build the soil and prevent erosion.
What size share is right for me?
Main Street Farms CSA now offers 3 sizes, the Small Share, Regular Share, and Veggie Lover Share (see examples below). The best size for you may vary depending on how many nights a week you cook, and how many vegetables you eat per meal.
Generally, our Small Share is good for one to two people, and will include about 4 items. Our Regular Share is good for a smaller household or a household that eats out several nights a week, and includes about 10 items. This share is also good for a vegetarian that cooks often. The Veggie Lover would work for a bigger household (especially one with children who enjoy vegetables), and includes about 12 items. It is possible to switch share sizes during the season. We offer Weekly or Biweekly pick-up options for your convenience (Winter CSA Only). See schedules under “What is the Delivery Schedule?”