Main Street Farms is a diversified organic vegetable farm located in Cortland, NY serving a CSA, farmers market, and wholesale customers. We have 30 acres in vegetables, 20 acres in cover crops and plenty of land to keep expanding on. As a farm, our passion is to help bring sustainable, local, and organic produce to as many people as possible by expanding our CSA program to run year-round and increase our wholesale sales to large volume buyers. As a rapidly expanding business we are looking for a motivated individual to help us market our CSA to a wider audience. Our goal is to increase from 250 members to 350+ members in 2018.
We’re looking for a creative, sales minded individual to assist us with marketing our CSA. The sales manager will work in our office on the farm 2 days per week and can do a third day of work remotely. The CSA manager must be skilled in photography, social media advertising, copywriting, storytelling, and graphic design. We’re looking for somebody who is passionate about cooking and farming and has a keen sense of how to inspire people to eat local, organic food. We are looking for a highly organized individual who can work independently and is a strong self-motivator.
- Photography – Photograph farm crew, farm landscapes, and weekly CSA share
- Social Media – Create weekly social media posts promoting the CSA and our farm. Must be well versed in Facebook advertising, Instagram stories and hashtags #itsstupidbutitworks
- Recipe Curation – Curate 20-30 weekly recipes on Pinterest that align with our weekly CSA share.
- Weekly Newsletter – Write weekly newsletter including stories from the farm, recipes, photographs and videos of our farm crew
- Website Management – Post weekly share photo on farm website and include share contents and recipes
- Print Reports – Create and print weekly harvest, pack, and distribution reports.
- Owns camera
- Owns computer
- Has a car and is able to travel up to an hour away
- Owns Adobe Illustrator Suite
- Copy writing and editing skills
- Familiar with Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
This position is paid $10/hour. We estimate this would be a 15-20 hour per week position.
Apply by: March 1
Start Date: June 1 (possibility to start sooner if applicant is interested)
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and example of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please answer the following questions:
- Why are you passionate about local farming?
- Do you have a blog or writing examples you can send us? If so, please send them with your application.
- Please give us three ideas for a photograph and text that you would post to our Facebook.