It’s mid-summer, and squash abounds! Here’s a house favorite from our very own farmer, Allan Gandelman, that always hits the spot. It takes the abundance of zucchini that the season’s harvests always yield and converts it into a snack or side worthy of any summer meal. Dress it up with a tangy, spicy sriracha mayo dip, and you’ll be begging for more!
Zucchini Fries with Sriracha Mayo
by Allan Gandelman, founder of Main Street Farms
Makes 6 servings.
- 3 Zucchini, sliced into matchsticks the size of fries (Can substitute other kinds of summer squash.)
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 5 tbsp. Refined Coconut Oil (or other oil of choice with high smoke point)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. Sriracha (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Whisk Flour, Salt, and Pepper in large bowl until evenly mixed.
- Toss Zucchini in 2 tbsp. of Oil
- In batches, toss oiled Zucchini in flour mixture until evenly coated.
- Over high heat, add remaining 3 tbsp. Oil to skillet or large shallow pan and add floured Zucchini in batches. Fry each side until until browned and crisp, then flip, approximately 7-10 minutes total cooking time. Continue until all Zucchini is cooked.
- While Zucchini is cooking, whisk Mayo, Sriracha, and Garlic Powder together until evenly mixed.
- Serve Zucchini Fries hot with a side of Sriracha Mayo for a delicious appetizer.