White Bean and Sausage Pasta Bake
By Holly Rodricks
Makes 4-6 servings.
- 1/2 lb. Flour City Pasta Tomato Basil Pappardelle
- 1 bag Baby Spinach, stems removed and leaves finely chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Great Northern or Cannellini Beans (or 1 15-oz. can, drained)
- 1 (15 oz.) can whole Tomatoes, drained and broken up into chunks
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil, 1 tbsp. reserved
- 1/4 tsp. ground Cayenne
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup White Wine (Optional)
- 1/2 lb. Hot Sausage
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella or fresh Ciliegine Mozzarella (The small cherry size)
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Bring water to boil and cook Pasta according to package instructions.
- While Pasta is cooking, in a small bowl, whisk Garlic, Mustard, 2 tbsp. Olive Oil, Cayenne, Pepper, and Salt.
- In a large bowl, place chopped Spinach, Beans, and Tomatoes. Mix together with hands until evenly combined.
- Drizzle dressing over spinach mixture and mix by hand again until all ingredient are evenly coated.
- Drain Pasta and toss with remaining 1 tbsp. Olive Oil.
- Pour Pasta into 9×13″ casserole dish, forming an even bottom layer. Add Spinach mixture on top, spreading evenly.
- Drizzle Heavy Cream and White Wine over Spinach mixture.
- Snip end of Sausage and squeeze meat out to form little meatballs. Nestle these evenly throughout Spinach mixture.
- If using Ciliegine Mozzarella, nestle throughout Spinach mixture, similar to meat. Bake for 30 minutes.
- If using shredded Mozzarella, bake for 15 minutes. Then removed and sprinkle shredded cheese across top and bake for additional 15 minutes.
- Allow dish to set for 10 minutes, then serve hot!