‘Tis the season for squash and tomatoes. This recipe from our very own farm chef, Briel Driscoll, is a lovely mix of cool summer greens and warm hearty vegetables combined to create a delicious and substantial salad.
Warm Cheesy Tomato Salad
By Briel Driscoll
Makes 3-4 servings.
- 1/2 head of Lettuce, chopped / or 1 bag Spring Mix
- 1 Summer Squash, sliced
- 1 Tomato, diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3-4 slices Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Lay bed of Salad Greens on plates.
- Sauté Squash with Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper until slightly tender.
- Add Tomatoes and sauté 1 minute.
- Lay Cheese over top of vegetables and let melt.
- Pour all ingredients from pan over bed of Greens.