Summer Minestrone Soup
By Emily Burrichter
Makes 4-6 servings.
- 6 cups Water
- 1 6 oz. can Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning or 1 tsp. dried Oregano
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 bulb Garlic (6-8 cloves), minced
- 1 medium Zucchini or Yellow Squash, chopped
- 1/2 bunch greens of choice (Chard, Kale or Spinach), stems removed and cut or ton into small pieces
- 1 15 oz. can Kidney Beans
- 1 cup Penne or Rotini
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbsp. fresh Basil, chopped (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a stock pot, bring Water to boil and and Tomato Paste and Italian Seasoning.
- Add Onion, Garlic, Zucchini, and Greens to pot. Boil for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add Kidney Beans and Pasta.
- A couple of minutes before Pasta is done cooking, when it’s al dente, turn off heat and add Parmesan Cheese, Fresh Basil, and Salt and Pepper to taste.