I have been eating this meal almost every day for the past several weeks, and it does not get old! Experiment with quantities and types of root vegetables, to your taste, and to try out different flavored goat cheeses–this salad does just as well with plain or fruit-encrusted goat cheeses. Together, the combination of sweet root vegetables, creamy goat cheese, and tangy sauerkraut is out of this world!
Roasted Winter Vegetable and Chèvre Salad
By Holly Rodricks
Makes 4-6 servings.
- 3-4 Beets of any variety, peeled and diced
- 1-2 Watermelon Radishes, peeled and diced
- 1-2 Turnips, peeled and diced
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large Onion, peeled and diced
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, chopped roughly
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil or other oil of choice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 bag Spring Mix
- Sauerkraut to taste
- Raw or Roasted Pumpkin Seeds to taste
- 2 Kids Goat Farm Garlic & Chive Chèvre (Goat Cheese)
- Preheat oven to 400º and place rack in middle of oven.
- Combine diced Winter Vegetables in a large bowl. Pour Oil over mixture, and generously sprinkle with Salt and Pepper to taste. Mix with hands to evenly coat vegetables with Oil, Salt, and Pepper.
- Spread Vegetables evenly on a large, rimmed baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes, until vegetables are tender when pierced with a fork and are beginning to crisp up.
- When vegetables are almost done roasting, divide Spring Mix between multiple bowls. Layer Sauerkraut on top and sprinkle with Pumpkin Seeds.
- Scoop a generous portion of Roasted Winter Vegetables on top of salad in each bowl and crumble fresh Chèvre on top of hot vegetables.
- Serve immediately.