What can I say? The white bean craze continues! This meal hits all those hearty seasonal spots, with its delicious, vegetarian goodness.
Mushroom and White Bean Stuffed Squash
By Holly Rodricks
Makes 4 servings.
- 2 Acorn Squash, halved and seeded (Other, similarly-sized squash such as Carnival or Sweet Dumpling can be substituted.)
- Olive Oil
- 1-2 tbsp. Salted Butter
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 lb. Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 cup White Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. Whole Grain Mustard
- 1/8 tsp. White Pepper
- 1/2 Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Lightly coat interior and exterior of all 4 Squash halves in olive oil. Sprinkle all over with Salt and Pepper. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, over medium heat, melt Butter.
- Add Onions and cook gently until partially translucent.
- Add Garlic and sauté until aromatic, 1-2 minutes.
- Add Mushrooms, White Beans, Mustard, White Pepper, and Salt to taste. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Lay Squash, hollow-side up on rimmed baking sheet. Stuff with sautéed mixture and sprinkle generously with grated Parmesan.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes, or until Squash is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve hot, with a side of roasted winter vegetables!