This recipe is easy, flavorful, and irresistible. Just a small handful of ingredients give it all the savor and pop it needs to take a simple roasted squash and turn it into a full meal!
Lemon Garlic Spaghetti Squash
By Holly Rodricks
- 1 medium-to-large Spaghetti Squash
- 4 tbsp. Butter (or Coconut Oil for vegan version)
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 4-6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh Parsley, minced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- pinch of Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- grated or shredded Parmesan Cheese, to taste (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Pierce Spaghetti Squash throughout several times with paring knife.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for approximately 1 hour or until knife can pierce it without resistance.
- Remove sheet from oven and allow Squash to cool. Once cool enough to handle, cut in half and scrape out seeds.
- Using a fork, scrape flesh of Squash away from skin, creating thin strands. Continue until all Squash has been removed.
- In a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat, warm up Butter and sauté Garlic until aromatic.
- Add Lemon Juice, Parsley, and Red Pepper Flakes and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add Spaghetti Squash and toss until evenly coated, sprinkling with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, topped with Parmesan and more fresh Parsley.
*Image courtesy of: http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/,scalefit_600_noupscale/561e479f12000026007e5100.jpeg.