This recipe is a gift from Jon Stadt of Flour City Pasta, and I can’t think of a savory combination that tastes more like the summer. A combination of sweet and tangy, fresh and crisp, it is the ultimate summer side dish. The main ingredient is Jon’s cucumber conchiglie (Italian for “mini shell”) which incorporates freshly juiced cucumbers into the dough itself, yielding a delicate, pale green pasta that pushes the dish’s flavor to a whole new level!
Fresh Cucumber Pasta Salad
by Jon Stadt, Owner of Flour City Pasta
- 1 lb. Cucumber Pasta, cooked al dente, about 5-6 minutes (Substitute store bought conchiglie or mini shells, if you don’t have access to Jon’s pasta.)
- 3 Cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded, and sliced thinly
- 1 pint fresh Blueberries
- 3 tbsp. fresh Mint
- 4 thinly sliced Scallions
- 1 cup crumbled Feta Cheese (Exclude this ingredient for a completely vegan recipe.)
- Salt and freshly ground Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 2-3 tbsp. freshly squeezed Orange Juice
- Whisk last four ingredients to make Dressing, and set aside.
- Place colander of cooked Pasta under cold, running water to quickly cool and keep from sticking together.
- Mix Pasta, Cucumbers, Blueberries, Mint, Scallions, and Feta, folding gently with a rubber spatula, to keep pasta from breaking, until evenly combined.
- Add Dressing and Salt and Pepper to taste, and mix until all ingredients are evenly coated.
- Chill and serve!
*JON STADT, is the owner of Flour City Pasta, a local establishment committed to making pasta traditional ‘Old World’ way with tools imported from Italy. He uses organic flour and then adds organic vegetables, fruits, herbs, and spices to make flavored pasta that brings a new level of taste and style to any pasta dish. Here’s a list of all the places you can purchase Jon’s delicious artisanal pastas! Find more recipes here, and follow him on Facebook and Instagram!