Looking for a recipe that uses just about all your CSA share ingredients at once? Guest Chef DeAnna Germano has just meal for you – a delicious skillet bake that is a medley of so many delicious vegetables in one dish that it makes our eyes twinkle and our stomachs rumble. Enjoy!
Black Eyed Pea and Kale Skillet with Hot Tomato Oil
by DeAnna Germano, Owner and Chef at Chef4Rent
Makes 3-4 servings.
- 1 can Black Eyed Peas, rinsed
- 1 bunch Kale Leaves, rinsed and torn or chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Zucchini or Squash, diced
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Japanese Turnip, finely diced
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper (or more, to taste)
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Pinch of fresh Parsley
- Pinch of fresh Sage
- Pinch of fresh Thyme
- 1/2 cup fresh Mozzarella, diced
- 1/2 cup Tomato Soup
- Sauté onion in oil over medium-low heat until caramelized.
- Add garlic and sauté approximately 2 minutes, until aromatic.
- Add remaining veggies and sauté until tender.
- Add tomato soup, herbs and spices, and black eyed peas, and cook down – approximately 4 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle diced mozzarella evenly over top, and broil for 10 minutes in oven, until cheese is melted and browned.
*DEANNA GERMANO, is the owner and chef at Chef4Rent, a local caterer specializing in cakes, home meal deliveries, and special events.
*Image Courtesy of: http://cdn-img.health.com/sites/default/files/migration/img/web/2013/02/slides/easy-kale-recipes-400×400.jpg