Beets are often incorporated into sides and salads, but in this simple recipe from our farm chef, Briel, they get to occupy main course status. With only a little salt, pepper, vinegar, and oil, these succulent, sweet red globes take on all the flavor they need to really shine.
By Briel Driscoll
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 bunch Beets, the larger the better
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Caramelized Onions (optional)
- Goat Cheese
- Boil Beets for 20 minutes or until just tender.
- Cut Beets 3/4″ thick in the longest direction.
- Whisk Olive Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar in a large bowl.
- Toss Beets in Olive Oil mixture until evenly coated. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill until soft. Serve on Slider Bun with Caramelized Onions, Crumbled Goat Cheese, and Sriracha Mayo (1 tsp. Sriracha to every 1/4 cup Mayo).