Don’t throw those beet greens away! This recipe demonstrates a great way to incorporate them right into your salad mix, adding a lovely and complex texture and flavor that I like to call “Kale Lite.”
Beet Salad with Goat Cheese & Berries
By Briel Driscoll
- one bunch of Beets, leaves separated from bulbs, rinsed, chopped, and set aside
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 bag of Lettuce/Spring Mix or 1/2 head of Lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Plain Goat Cheese (We recommend 2 Kids Goat Farm!)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Berries (Strawberries are great in this recipe.)
- 1/4 cup dried Berries/Raisins
- Boil Beets in pan of water until soft then cut or slice into preferred bite size.
- Toss Beets, Lettuce, Beet Greens, Berries, and Nuts in large bowl.
- Add Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, and Salt, and toss again.
- Sprinkle Goat Cheese on top, or mix in, if you prefer a creamier salad.