Lest you think arugula and kale can be only tossed in salads or sautéed and wilted, guest Chef DeAnna Germano, shares a creative way to incorporate these fresh veggies into a delicious party condiment!
Arugala and Kale Parmesan Dip
by DeAnna Germano, Owner and Chef at Chef4Rent
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 5 oz Arugula
- 5 oz. Kale
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 3 Garlic Cloves, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Sage leaves, tightly packed
- 1/3 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- Heat Olive Oil in large pan. Add sliced Garlic. Cook about two minutes, until Garlic begins to brown and become aromatic.
- Add Arugula and Kale. Allow to wilt and cook down.
- Add Sage, and cook for 1 more minute.
- In blender, blend Greens, Cream Cheese, Sugar, Parmesan, Salt, and Pepper.
- Fold Yogurt into blended mixture.
- Serve dip cold (like hummus) with crackers, chips, or sliced veggies.
*DEANNA GERMANO, is the owner and chef at Chef4Rent, a local caterer specializing in cakes, home meal deliveries, and special events.
*Image Courtesy of http://joylovefood.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Kale-and-Artichoke-Greek-Yogurt-Dip-3.jpg