If you don’t regularly eat raw zucchini or summer squash, we highly recommend it. If it’s sliced thinly and allowed to chill in a delicious dressing, it will become tender and flavorful with no cooking required! The zesty recipe below from local chef DeAnna Germano is a quick and easy example of this preparation and is perfect for the summertime.
Lemon Poppy Squash Salad
By DeAnna Germano, Chef4Rent
Makes 2-4 servings.
- 1-2 large Zucchini or Squash, halved and sliced into noodles or half-moons
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 cup Heirloom Tomato, chopped
- 2 large Lemons
- 3 tbsp. Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp. grated Onion
- 1/2 tbsp. Garlic
- Combine veggies in a large bowl.
- Mix all dressing ingredients until even
* Image courtesy of: http://s479.photobucket.com/user/oneperfectbite/media/Blog%20Photos/SummerSquashSaladwithPoppySeedDr-3.jpg.html.