This week’s local partnership comes to your CSA shares in the form of a fresh stir fry mix, made with veggies grown on our farm and prepared by Crooked Carrot . As a special treat, Silas from Crooked Carrot has shared his own personal favorite way to stir fry. Enjoy!
Chili Ginger Winter Stir Fry
By Silas Conroy of Crooked Carrot
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 bag of Crooked Carrot’s freshly prepared stir fry mix (made up of thinly sliced kohlrabi, carrots, and daikon and watermelon radishes)
- 1-2 tbsp. regular or hot Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp. Minced Ginger*
- 1 tbsp. Minced Garlic*
- Chili Garlic Sauce to taste*
- Salt to taste
- Heat up Sesame Oil in cast iron skillet.
- When skillet is nice and hot, dump the whole bag of stir fry mix right in.
- Add Minced Ginger, Minced Garlic, and Chili Garlic Sauce, and toss together quickly. Because the veggies are sliced so thinly, cook them only briefly, searing them just a little in the hot skillet but allowing them to keep their crunch.
- Add salt to taste, and enjoy piping hot!
*Crooked Carrot makes and sells their own delicious jars of minced ginger, minced garlic, and chili garlic sauce.